Hi. My name is Cherie Griffiths. I developed New Roots Coaching from my love and deep connection to nature, the skills I developed through education and studies, and the wish to help others who are experiencing the deep pain of having to transition through a separation or divorce. As a Highly Sensitive Person, and empath, I feel the life experiences of each and every one of us. I had always been the ‘the root’ for others along my own journey from a very young age. I was sensitive and quiet, yet independent and rooted even through many transitions and trauma at a young age. My own separation and divorce tore that deep root apart and I thought I would never rise up again. Everything that I believed was my foundation and my roots, including my values, my confidence, and 4 young to teenage children at the time, changed in ways I could never have imagined.
Some even coined my divorce process as ‘surreal’. At nights I would pray for peace, and courage to get through the turbulence and more trauma so I could focus on a new career. Through it, I slowly became ‘the root’ again, consoling others in the court hallways, offering them compassion and a listening ear. Using coping strategies, inner strength and spirituality, I was able to continue my studies in Natural Therapies, Nourishment and Wellness, and Energy Medicine. My root was found in nature, water and stones, where I explored more and more, and found that that is where my soul could sing, and assisted me in my vision of a new journey to help others. I am grateful for new opportunities, my children, new relationships, the art of forgiveness and wellbeing sessions that I can now help others.
I found light at the end of the tunnel, but it was long and dark there for many years. I wish I knew then what I know now. The journey unfolds in different ways for each one and my heart centered desire is to be a guide in the light of separation, to bring clarity, peace, harmony and wellbeing while reducing the intense impact on the self, families and children.
My studies include:
Professional Coach Training:
CDC Certified Divorce Coach
Erickson Solution Focused Coach
Holistic Practitioner Studies:
Traditional Chinese Medicine: Food Energetics & Body/Mind Acupressure
Reflexology & Cranio Sacral Reflexology
Cranio Sacral Therapy
Registered Massage Therapist (Quebec)
Nourishment and Wellness Consultant
Feng Shui & Environmental Energy
Bach Flower Essences (teacher)
Tuning Fork Therapy
Business & Economics
Bookkeeping & Accounting
WHAT IS COACHING:
The American Bar Association defines divorce coaching as:
- Divorce coaching is a flexible, goal-oriented process designed to support, motivate, and guide people going through divorce to help them make the best possible decisions for their future, based on their particular interests, needs, and concerns. Divorce coaches have different professional backgrounds and are selected based on the specific needs of the clients. For example, some divorce coaches are financial planners, mental health professionals, lawyers, or mediators who have experience dealing with divorcing clients.
Erickson International Coaching describes solution focused coaching as:
- Coaching is a creative partnership with our client aimed to design and implement specific, meaningful changes in our client’s personal and professional life.
What coaches do:
- Moves our clients towards their desired future outcomes, instead of concentrating on past experiences or reasons for present dissatisfaction.
- Emphasizes the holistic nature of our client, seeing how positive change can fit into their bigger picture.
- Allows us to trust our client’s inner resources and skills, respecting their agenda and future outcomes. Coaching is an advice-free zone.
- Pursues transformational change in specific, inspired steps that lead to fundamental shifts in attitude, behavior and habit formation.
WHAT ARE HOLISTIC THERAPIES?
Holistic Therapies are based on the interconnectedness of all working elements of the body, mind, spirit and environment. It is also based on the natural flow of life beyond the physical body, and includes the energy force of life, and nature. Nature based therapies stem from ancient traditions blended with science.
What Coaching is Not?
Unlike therapists and counselors, coaches don’t focus on the childhood or past experiences that might be the root of the way a person lives or feels. Instead they help their clients get clear on what they want in the future, why they want it, and how they are going to achieve it. Coaches use tools and processes to help clients to generate their own solutions and then support them through the gaps.
- Contact Cherie